Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cheap Electricity From Thin Air

Trouble viewing or printing this message? Click here to view as a Web page.

Cheap Electricity From Thin Air

Cheap Electricity From Thin Air

 To Remove This Ads
















day I laid a snare, and took him in it. I brought him to my brother's house, and caged him there. When I have tamed him, I shall give him to the beautiful lady." He expected no answer, and I gave him none. There are times when an Indian is the best company in the world. Just before we reached the ,CFLRJGIFH market place we had to pass the mouth of a narrow lane leading down to the river. The night was very dark, though the stars still shone through rifts in the ever moving clouds. The Indian ,BKHCBCUSG and I walked rapidly on,—my footfalls sounding clear and sharp on the frosty ground, he as noiseless as a shadow. We had reached the further side of the lane, when he put forth an arm and plucked from the blackness a small black figure.,GVHSESDLR In the middle of the square was kept burning a great brazier filled with pitched wood. It was the duty of the watch to keep it flaming from darkness to dawn. We found it freshly heaped with pine, and its red glare lit a goodly circle. The Indian, pin- ioning the wrists of his captive with his own hand of steel, dragged him with us into this circle of light. "Looking for simples once more, learned doctor?" I demanded. He mowed and jabbered, twisting this way and that in the grasp of the Indian. "Loose him," I said to the latter, "but let him not come too near you. Why, worthy doctor,ITVWXDKPP in so wild and threatening a night, when fire is burning and wine flowing at the guest house, do you choose to crouch here in the cold and darkness?" He looked at me with his filmy eyes, and that faint smile that had more of menace in it than a panther's snarl. "I laid in wait for you, it is true, noble sir," he said in his thin, dreamy voice, "but it was for your good. I would give you warning, sir." He stood with his mean figure bent cringingly forward, and with his hat in his hand.,RAUYCIJGJ "A warning, sir," he went ramblingly on. "Maybe a certain one has made me his enemy. Maybe I cut myself loose from his service. Maybe I would do him an ill turn. I can tell you a secret, sir." He lowered his voice and looked around, as if in fear of eavesdroppers. "In your ear, sir," he said. I recoiled. "Stand back," I cried, "or you will cull no more simples this side of hell!" .





No comments: