Friday, October 9, 2015

#1 Method To Restore Your Hearing

Visit here to opt-out.










someone who runs a school in the back of beyond.’ ‘My English is still bad. I have a Bihari accent,’ he said, without a trace of self-consciousness, 'French people have a French accent when they speak English,' 'My English wasn’t even English  until..,' he trailed off and fell silent. I saw him swallow to keep his composure. ‘Until?’ He absently stroked the notebooks on the desk. ‘Nothing. Actually, I went to St. Stephen’s.’ ‘In Delhi?’ ‘Yes. English types call it “Steven’s”.’ I smiled. ‘And you are not one of th  e English types?’ ‘Not at all.’ The doorbell startled us.The waiter shifted the journals to put the sandwich tray on the table. A few sheets fell to the floor. ‘Careful!’ Madhav shouted, as if the waiter had broken some antique crystal. The waiter apologized and scooted out of the room. I offered Madhav the club sandwich, which had a tomato, cheese and lettuce filling. He ignored me an  d rearranged the loose sheets of paper. ‘Are you okay? Please eat.’ He nodded, His eyes still on the pages of the journal. I decided to eat, since my imposed guest didn’t seem to care for my hospitality. ‘These journals obviously mean a lot to you. But why have you brought them here?’ ‘For you to read. Maybe they will be useful to you.’ ‘How will they be useful to me?’ I said, my voi  ce firmer with the food inside me. A part of me wanted him out of my room as soon as possible. ‘She used to like your books. We used to read them together,’ he said in a soft voice.‘For me to learn English.’ ‘Madhav,’ I said, as calmly as possible, ‘this seems like a sensitive matter. 1 don’t want to get involved. Okay?’ His gaze remained directed at th  e floor.‘I don’t want the journals either,’ he said after a while. ‘That is for you to decide.' ‘It's too painful for me,’ he said. 'I can imagine.’ He stood up, presumably to leave, He had not touched his sandwich â€"which was okay, because I could eat it after he left. ‘Thank you for your time. Sorry to have distu  rbed you.’ ‘It’s okay,’ I said. He scribbled his phone number on a piece of paper and kept it on the table.‘If you are ever in Dumraon and need anything, let me know.

No comments: