Sunday, November 1, 2015

End sleepless nights with an adjustable bed

To view this email as a web page, Go here.

Learn More


End sleepless nights with an adjustable bed

 Keep your sleep debt in check with a new bed


 To opt-out click here.















degree in jazz muRXNXNsic. Started out as a gospel singer. A fter singing in Boston for two years, she moved to New York. Boston Globe called her voice 'smooth velvet' that can 'calm your TAEQTsoul'. I went through the names, mostly to pass time. I didn't really belong in my own pIGXKFarty. I skimmed through all the descriptions in the alphabetical list. I ignored all the maUHPMTle singers.Twenty minutes later, I reached the letter R. Ray - A 'sparkling new voice on the NY scene' according to the Village Voice, Ray would UVWATrather talk about 'where she is going' than 'where she comes from. This tall exotic beauty 'sings as good as she looks ' according to the Daily News.FEOBF I stopped at Ray's description. I read it thrice. I flipped back to the schedule to see Ray's line-up. I looked under Saturday, which was today. My index finger MSDCSran down the schedulTYUXPe page. 'Blues, Soul and Contemporary, 10.00 p.m.-12.00 a.m. Stephanie, Roger and Ray, Cafe Wha?, $8 entry, two drinks minimum,' I turned the page to look up the details of Cafe Wha? and strained hard to read the tPIVPSDKDUWiny print. Cafe Wha? An old classic New York bar where many legends have performed in their struggling days. Mexican and AmeYPUXSrican food options. 115 MacDougal Street, West Village. Subway 4, 5, 6. Bleeckcr Street PGWEHF, West 4th Street. 'What are you doing, bro?' Shailesh squeezed my shoulder hard. 'Huh?' I said, startled. 'ItCSCIV's your party. What the hell are you reading?' I put the brochure aWCURCside and smiled. 'Nothing. Just some touristy stuff,' I said. 'You're not drinking?' he said. He tapped his thigh in time with the music.KJLJY 'No.You know me and alcohol.' 'I can handlGMLJIe you at home. Wait, let me get a drink for you.' Shailesh went to the bar. I checked the timeJLAGJ on my phone. It said 11.05 p.m. I googled Cafe Wha?'s number and called them. They tSVPQDook thirty seconds to pick up. It seemed like an hour. 'Hello. Cafe Wha?' I heard a YSXBDcheerful male voice, barely audible due to the musicTXFQS in the background. 'Hi, I am interested in the Music and Jazz Fest performance tonight.' 'Yes, it's on now, sir. It's an eight-dollar cover charge. Two drinks minimum,' the person on the other side recited his rehearsed stuff. 'I wanted to know if therKECVNe is a singer called Ray performing tonight?' 'Well, let me see. Yes, we have three singers. Hers is the last act.




No comments: